High Performance Boards :
Best Practices for forming, managing and mediating your board and responding to crisis
Date : August 1, 2012 9 AM to 10:30 AM
Venue : 3100 Zinfandel Drive, 5th Floor, Rancho Cordova, CA
Cost : TechCoire members : $0 , Non-members : $40 (before July 25th), $50 after
Registration : SOLD OUT – No more spots left
At this upcoming event, our panel will address the topic of board formation and management, one of the most important aspects of building a startup into a successful company. Carefully selected, well-functioning boards can help a company find its first customers, select the right executives to help lead the company and weather the unpredictable business environment. Boards that don’t function well can endanger a company’s existence. The panel will use case studies from real experiences in the board room to illustrate important lessons for building, managing and mediating your board.
Topics that the panel will address will include:
• The types of people you should seek out as directors and where you can find them
• The legal and business performance standards required for private company directors to properly discharge their fiduciary duties
• The characteristics of effective and ineffective boards and individual directors
• Common conflicts and misalignments that often lead to problems in the board room
• Challenges that boards can expect as a result of the global financial crisis
Seating is limited at all Executive Network events. You must register early to reserve your spot. No Walkins please.
Round table will feature Richard Brooks, Board Member – Unify and Peter Howley – Board member with several startups and formerly on the board of Exodus Communications